Engagement sessions are our favorite. We love how clients get creative, romantic and just have fun in front of the camera. To read more on why we think you should consider having an engagement session, click here.
When it comes to your engagement session, we really want our couples to put some effort into deciding where the shoot will be, but also what they want to wear. This is after all an investment, so make the most of it! We will be able to assist with a colour pallet, ideas and we also have a few items you can hire from us if you can’t find an outfit.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Colour Pallet– you don’t have to match, but it’s nice to have a colour pallet to give you some guidance. Sometimes different colours compliment each other. When you book a session with us we will help you with ideas if you get stuck.
- Pattern – don’t be afraid to dress in something with patterns on. It makes for interesting photos. Outfits without patterns will always work best, but if you feel patterns is your thing and shows who you are, then go for it!
- Accessorize – you can use scarfs, jewelry, hats, jackets you name it – look and feel your best.
- Fancy – you don’t need to always go casual, you can also dress up if you want to.
- Two outfits – If you feel you can’t decide on casual or fancy, then go for two outfits! This means you get two different types of images/look out of one sessions
- Be yourself – If you want to go bright and colorful or even soft and romantic – we don’t mid! You have to still look and feel as yourself. But do make sure when deciding on your outfits that it’s photos you will want to hang in your house and show off to other people or on social media!
We hope this helps a little when deciding what to wear to your photo sessions. If you are still not sure, here are a few selections from our Pinterest Board that will definitely help
(please note: these are not our photos, they are from our Pinterest Board and only used to help clients with outfit ideas https://za.pinterest.com/francophoto/ )